I am a Safety Professional with over 15 years experience, managing the safety and human resources for some of the largest companies in the U.S. Also, I am an OSHA Authorized Trainer, in both Construction and General Industry, am recognized for developing and maintaining a “world class” safety culture, skilled in training both internal and external customers, committed to a team effort of safety and have a zero tolerance for accident, injuries, and safety failures regardless of their individual position.
I am always searching the internet for information that is relevant to my work and passions – SAFETY and technology!!! When I find something that I am interested in or feel that one of my employees may benefit from it I post it or link to it.
Many of you have asked me why I am doing this – well the answer if very simple. I have a passion for safety, enjoy it, and wanted to give the employees of the company I work for and give them a way to see their safety training in a different way as well as give them an opportunity to ask me (the Safety Director) ANY questions that they would like. I am a firm believer in being open and honest…
Now that we got that out of the way, I would like to encourage everyone to please post a comment in order to help me see how many visitors to the website that I have. The process is extremely simple and takes about 30 seconds and YES, I do read every comment/post…
Here are some frequently asked questions:
- Who do you work for? I will not specifically name or allow anyone to reference the company that I work for in any post or comment as what I do here is for me, not work…It is probably a good time to get the legal stuff out of the way – Disclaimer: Please note that while all information is presented as accurately as possible, it is not to be used as a sole source of safety training, nor am I to be held responsible for any damages that arise from the use of it.
- Why is there not advertising? Because it is ugly and I currently don’t need the money for running the site (it’s for fun). However, that may or may not change in the future.
- Why do I have to register to leave a comment? Excellent question – I require the control over the comments to ensure that no references to my job or company are made (see #1). Also, it’s a good way to keep the spam off the site.
- I would like more information on a specific topic, can you help me? Absolutely, I believe that Safety is the ultimate open source project and if I have it I will share it with you. I only ask that if you improve on it that you send me a copy.
- I see more than safety stuff on your site, why? We I am a total technology junkie – I love electronics and technology and if can help me do my job better and easier, awesome!! So if you see a post on technology, enjoy it!
- Is that really your picture on your about me page?? Yep, I am actually 6′ 6″ and am a bald lunatic!!!
- Is there any other way to contact you besides leaving a comment? Yes, there certainly is…There are actually 3 ways to contact me directly. You can, of course, leave a comment to any post, you can click on Contact Me and fill out the form, or you can send me an email to the address below. Additionally, if you send me an email and I don’t respond please send another as it may have ended up in my spam folder…
Thanks for visiting,